View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #103
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: One Piece discussion (Spoilers)

That's a real shame, i get my mangas from Viz since my country doesn't release many mangas and i like most english editions. Is OP's popularity rising? I heard Naruto was quite popular in the USA and that in some schools there were people walking around with acessories from characters of the franchise.

On the internet, expecially in official anime/ Manga sites most Naruto and Bleach fans get a lot of troll of One Piece fans because of their declining quality and it outselling them together, not to mention OP having broken all the records set by Dragon Ball. I hates this agressiveness began around 2008 when most were begining to get bored by Naruto and OP was starting big things, and that by Marineford most were aplauding it.

It's kind of ironic that One Piece, which has a universe inspired by the real world and the many different cultures, is so popular in Japan and not as much in the USA, yet, Naruto which has an almost completelly Japanese plot, as well as more Japanese beliefs is the most popular in the USA.

By the way, i found this interesting place analysing the mythoses from One Piece:
http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=36777&page=4

I find it strange how there aren't many discussions about the themes of OP since it's one of the richest mangas in that i've seen, Oda really does a lot of research and puts a lot of work in the story.

Either way, here's some cool gifs i found:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?

Last edited by Lord; 01-28-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote