View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #71
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is orgins still apart of the timeline now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
From X-Men: “When I was 17, I met a young man named Erik Lehnsherr…”

From X-Men: “Cyclops, Storm, and Jean were some of my first students.”

From X-Men:
Xavier (explaining why he can’t find Magneto with Cerebro): “He’s found some way to shield himself from it.”
Wolverine: “How would he know how to do that?”
Xavier: “Because he helped me build it.”

Hank McCoy is first seen, sans blue fur, in X2: X-Men United.

Remember, that Bryan Singer was involved in all of these films. He allowed contradictions for the sake of story.

In no way am I saying that Origins: Wolverine is on par with Singer's films, but the reality is, this is how some franchises are. You have to accept the bad with the good. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Terminator, Matrix, etc... most multi-film franchises have some horrible movies involved in them, but they are still apart of the franchise.
The most remembered contradictions are going to be visual. Because film is a visual medium and because the general populace doesn't usually remember small lines mentioned in passing. Beast was shown on TV, and was something few people would notice, and Magneto very well could have helped Charles build Cerebro if Charles ended up working with Erik again after the initial rift and built a new cerebro at the manison (personally, I'm still hoping we see them work together for a while. That was one thing I wished we had gotten more of).

Though I understand what you're getting at. And when it comes down to it, the general audience isn't going to care all that much anyways, especially if the movie is good.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote