View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #673
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I agree, that would be pretty goofy. If he just swooped down in front of him, then sure. But then you lose the epic visuals of them looking for each other through the crowd and Batman walking through the smoke.
I definitely enjoyed how it was set up in the film of Batman going through that smoke while Bane was going through the cops, criminals and the LoS guys to get to Batman. And, imo, "No, I came back to stop you." really defines that moment as it's true; that's essentially why Bruce Wayne returned: to stop Bane and the bomb then retire the cape and cowl once and for all.

And to go back to Batman gliding anywhere in the film, I can't think of any perfect place for it to happen in TDKR, to be perfectly honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDonaldD View Post
The expression on Batman's face, doesn't really change.
I think I just want a bit more out of the Bane as an antagonist in the way that his flaws illustrate Batman's strengths. Both the final confrontation between Ra's and Joker involved dialogue dealing with their core conflicts. Some might argue it's too exposition heavy but it works for me. Bane might not have had as much substance other than the physical threat Batman has to overcome.
In a way, this sorta did happen though when Batman spoke about climbing the Pit, something Bane was never able to do that showed just how much stronger Bruce is than Bane will ever be.