View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #158
narrows101
Side-Kick

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
If you ever get a chance to see him on stage, go! He's awesome on stage. His singing and dancing is amazing, and it's a show where gets to interact with the audience, it's hysterical. He'll make a whole production over an audience member turning up late, or go into the audience to pick someone to dance with but he'll pick the bored-looking husband instead of the wife begging to go up on stage with him. The last time I saw The Boy From Oz, a stagehand snuck out on stage to clean up some broken glass - Hugh stopped the show, introduced the stagehand, and then took the broom and tried to clean it up himself.

Les Miz is my favorite musical, I've seen it on stage nine times. Didn't matter, the movie still left me sobbing by the end...
I ditto that fact, if you ever have a chance to see Hugh on stage. The charisma just oozes out of him (see the quotes in my sig LOL).

Too bad Daniel Day-Lewis and Lincoln came out this year because I totally believe he would win that Oscar for Les Mis (he did win a Golden Globe for it).

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway