View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #522
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm still wondering though, how the heck is Asgard able to interact, let alone be interacted with, if the bi frost is destroyed, to the point where they're now in the midst of a ongoing war? If they cant be reached by anyone, let alone go to anyone as they once did without the bi-frost, how are they in any danger?
It must be that being unable to go to anyone is not the same as being unreachable by anyone else. Others must have portal technology and I suppose they are seizing upon the current imbalance of power to pursue their own realms' interests.

Even when the Bifrost was functional, with Heimdall guarding it, it did not appear to be a freeway. So the Vanir, for example, could not use it to get over to Alfheim. They would have had to go some other route.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."