View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #455
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Default Re: Has Batman hurt the genre where costumes are concerned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You have to look how Nolan wanted his version of Batman to have a very knight-like presence, even making Batman's Bat-pod his version of a "steed" and we'll never likely see such an interpretation of a superhero again, so I wouldn't say the TDK/TDK suit will hurt CBM costumes in the future at all.

And if you mention this because of Spider-Man and Superman...people are saying the TAS-M 2 suit will look more like a classic look and Superman, well...I don't think Superman could pull off with red trousers in this modern age of CBMs.
1-I disagree that we won't see it again. Burton went the rubber route and many others followed. 2-I seriously doubt the speculation of an improved Spidey suit will be proven true, (is ANYONE involved in the prouction saying this or is it just the word on the street, like so many other times when we see set pics or early preview pics and fans say "It won't look like that in the movie" but then it does.) and 3-I'm not even a fan of trunks over the tights and I disagree that he can't pull it off. It's his look. It always has been. The trunks or lack thereof isn't even the biggest issue. Routh wore them and his suit sucked for numerous other reasons. It's a matter of construction/design.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote