View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 AM   #180
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Save the deaths for when you put a franchise to rest for a few years before recasting. Killing Cap off now would be dumb.
Thing is, they wouldn't be killing off Cap, they'd be killing off Steve Rogers. And like I said, they're fighting Thanos. Death is going to be a big part of their battle with him, and it would be a huge cop out if none of the heroes got the shaft in the film. We already know Joss said he's going to dig a painful knife deep into the team. What better way than seemingly killing off Tony at the beginning, then killing off Steve at the end? I'm not advocating for a Death of Cap storyline right now, I think it's too early as well, but that's one of the only stories that make sense right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Lots of story arcs would be sold out, lol. And how is Death of Cap a part of that collection? Just b/c there's some Cap comics in there? Those Cap comics are both really early issues

Marvel isn't going to kill off any of the big four.
It's clear that he was referring to a VERY popular storyline, the type that people still talk about. For one thing, only a handful of storylines have gotten Graphic Novels, much less sold out of them. None of those comics there make sense besides Cap's.

EDIT: One of those Cap issues (issue 100) actually involves a SHIELD agent posing as an ally of Baren Zemo being ordered to shoot Cap.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 01-31-2013 at 02:09 AM.