View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 AM   #183
Mr. Dent

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Rogers *is* Cap.

Anyway if you're seriously hoping for this I expect you will be disappointed.
I specifically said I didn't want this to happen in the post. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Are you serious? Almost every storyline Marvel has ever published has been reprinted as a trade paperback/graphic novel by now, lol. Certainly any arc involving any of the characters they'd be putting in a movie.
Hardly. Many storylines from the 1960s-70s are only available in Omnibus releases, which I do not consider GNs.

Quote:
Exactly. That was literally what the point of BuckyCap was. Rogers was such a singular force of good for so long that Bucky could never be Cap, no matter how long he wore the costume. But he'd do it anyway.

You can't tell that story to movie audiences at this point.

I feel like some people here just look at the plot points of these stories in a vacuum instead of considering what gives them weight and makes them matter
Oh please. I'm merely assessing the most likely storyline Mayimbe is hinting at given what we know right now. Also, however you want to spin it, the movies are called "Captain America" not "Steve Rogers". If they wanted to replace him for a while they can, that doesn't diminish the character or meant that Bucky would be Cap permanently either, just like the comics.

In any case we might just be looking at a storyline where Cap poses dead and is acting as Agent Rogers, rather than a straight up adaptation of the storyline.