View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 AM   #976
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
This is the last time I'm going to say this, and then I'm finished arguing with people:
The existence of inconsistencies - actual or perceived - does not mean that the X-Men films are not meant to exist as part of a singular continuity.

FOX has made it clear that, inconsistencies or not, the films do in fact occupy and comprise a singular continuity and have shown zero indication that they plan to change this in any way, shape, or form.

Bryan Singer has said that he does intend to do some 'clean up' but this does not mean that he's going to jettison or invalidate anything that currently exists as part of said singular continuity.
I don't think anyone is disagreeing that the films are SUPPOSED to be part of a single continuity.

What people are saying is that more care should have been taken along the way to avoid the continuity errors, because at present it's like a jigsaw that doesn't quite fit together.

It seems likely that Singer will use the idea of alternate timelines and multiverses to explain away some of the differences, and perhaps he will incorporate conversations or events that deal with some of the other problems. At least, we can hope that's the case.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10