View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #459
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Default Re: Has Batman hurt the genre where costumes are concerned?

One thing that has been shown recently is that a good movie can overcome terrible costumes. Captain America's costume in his first movie sucked to me, but that was a damn good movie that it doesn't bother me at all. His Avengers costume didn't look all that either, but that movie is a god, so I don't think about it. Bane's mask looked horrible. He also sounded really ridiculous. The sound effect to his voice was cool, but he sounded like an old British man reading bedtime stories to a bunch of kids. It still was a damn good movie, and outside of the last 20 minutes Bane was a cool villain.

Now as for TASM...that movie was just meh. The costume wasn't too good, so that added to the overall "meh" feeling for me. It wasn't a bad movie, but there's not much glue to the movie that makes it too memorable besides it not being a Raimi movie. With the bad costume and just a mediocre movie it makes the costume problems stand out more to me. Where I didn't care about Bane's mask anymore after the first scene he was in I couldn't help but keep focusing on the Spider-man costume in TASM because that movie didn't give me anything else strong to make the costume an afterthought.