View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #560
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
I really don't see what one thing has to do with the other.

In the Batman franchise, there was a clear development of the main character in three films. It's not as if TDK ended with Batman being shot, with dramatic consequences, and in the next film years later it's like nothing happened. It's not as if Batman had a sister whom he adored who decided to join the dark side, and in the next film years later she's already one of his worst enemies and is trying to kill him, and we don't even know what exactly happened that caused that transition. It's not like secondary characters like Alfred and Gordon were dropped because the new film had no use for them.

If the next X-Men film jumps ten years ahead, all the dramatic events in First Class will have lost their meaning. We'll never get to see the transition and all the major changes that happened to the three main characters. I can't think of a worst scenario for a sequel. Was there a 10-year gap between X-Men and X2? No, we saw the main characters changing/evolving!

I just wish Fox was honest about dropping First Class and its universe for good, if they wanted so much to make a X4.
I think you're definitely being crazy clouded with bias here. You say there was clear development in the three Batman movies and do you know why you know that?? BECAUSE YOU SAW THE THE FILM AND ARE SAYING THAT NOW. DOFP hasn't even shot a single scene or released any plot info.

In TDK, the movie ended with Batman losing the love of his life. And the TDKR picks up 8 years after this life-altering event. It's exactly the same kind of situation. It's only one thing (Xavier has a few more major developments), but it's significant nonetheless.

And now FOX lied. WOW. Is it really their job to make the sequel exactly how you want it? They need to make sure they only continue the story right after the events of FC and nothing else? They are making DOFP. You're complaining even though IT IS A SEQUEL TO FC... it just happens to also be a continuation of X3.