View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #567
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
if this its true, I guess the plan since day one was that suggested prequel trilogy being set in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

I dont understand why some studios feel soo limited with the concept of a trilogy, when with universes like X-men they could do 4 or even 5 movies with the same cast, like the FC one.

a 10 years jump would have been better for the third part, since we would have already two movies where young Charles, Eric, Mystique and Beast were developed perfectly. With the important transition each one needed. And from that point, they could have jumped a whole decade if want it. With the third part in the 70's and the fourth one on the 80's.

Some fans keep saying: They wont do fourth movies with the same cast.

But they clearly forget this is Hollywood, and the studios can do whatever they want with the right budget.

And this right sequel is just the prove, having Hugh Jackman playing Logan by the seventh time, Patrick the fifth time and Ian, Anna and Shawn the fourth time.

They could easily do a large series with the full FC cast, but I have the feeling they will limit theirselfs with just a trilogy.

Such a shame, having amazing actors like James McAvoy, Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence.
If they cannot even have a direct X-Men 4 movie after Last Stand, what makes you think they will give the First Class cast a 4th movie and 5th movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
If they drop Banshee and Havok (which I hope they don't), and adding Cyclops, Jean, and Storm aren't options (which I hope they are), what's the team going to be made up of? Just Beast?
That seems to be the major concern for this. But I don't think it will be just Professor X and Beast. Even if there's already a couple of students at the Mansion, the 60s X-Men would feel so empty with just 2 people. I don't think Bryan Singer will do that.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018