View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #328
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Given that we just learned that the events of "Thor:TDW" takes place approximately one year after the events of "The Avengers', thus being two years after the events of "Thor", I wonder what Jane will be feeling by the time she sees Thor again.

I ask that because like many have mentioned here, while it may be understandable for Jane to know that Thor didn't have any time to meet with her during his time on Earth for "The Avengers", even she might start wondering on why he didn't come back right away after the events of "TA concluded if he was able to come back for Loki since she doesn't know the details on what's going on in Asgard with the wars and how difficult it must be for Thor to travel back between realms given the destruction of the bi-frost.
Do you mean that she might wonder why he did not return again to Earth after he took Loki back to Asgard?

That's a good question. It's a scenario I had not thought of.

Certainly she is aware that the Bifrost is destroyed. And I think she would have a reasonably good idea of how difficult it is to travel between the realms, what it would require. So she may well start to think that this is something that is just not meant to be, that fate simply will not allow them to meet.

On the other hand, from what we've heard of the story, much of it takes place somewhere other than Earth, and many things happen in the course of the movie. That implies that Jane does not spend much time deciding to leave her own realm when the opportunity arises.

I wonder how they will handle this to keep the story moving swiftly yet be believable for the characters.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."

Last edited by American Maid; 02-01-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: for brevity
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote