View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #27
The Shield
It's really Happening!
Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
The only thing I didn't like was where the red meets the blue. Because his yellow belt line only extends around his waist a little (and not fully), there's nothing really acting as a divider between the red/blue and I think it looks a little wrong.

I tried extending the belt right round to the circle/buckle area, but it didn't really look right IMO - what do you think? I also made the primary colours of the suit a bit more defined in this one, with a brighter red more like what Thor has in his cape.

I'm going to try the same effect on a proper picture of Henry Cavill in the suit, it's just hard to get one where he is standing straight on and not blocking the crotch area with his hands. There's a few manips but I'd rather not use someone else's work.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah, I had the same issue and wanted there to be a boarder to some degree. It works but I agree it doesn't quite marry it properly. Still looks good tho. Maybe instead of using the yellow belt, the hip design could keep going as a thin piping running under the belt, across the pelvis just under the buckle to the other side.

*And btw, those colors are gorgeous.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 02-01-2013 at 12:32 PM.