View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #114
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
^ I've already made my feelings on this issue crystal clear and won't go there again, although I will say that I have yet to see anyone present evidence to back up this certainty that Singer and FOX are going to splinter the continuity.
It's not to do with having evidence, it just seems more plausible. Fans want James/Cyclops and Famke/Phoenix back and for that to happen, the events of X3 have to be undone.

The other option is for the future to be an alternate timeline where Cyclops and Jean never died, but that's rather limited and gives those characters only a fleeting reappearance if that future gets changed/overwritten in the course of the film.

Of course, they could go in all sorts of directions, we just don't know. For instance, the quotation shown on the front of the screenplay suggested that humans would be the ones under threat, not mutants. If that is taken literally - and why was it on the front of the script if it doesn't mean something significant? - there might be an option where mutants rule the future, humankind is dying out, and one normal human travels into the past to unleash Sentinels and save normal humanity. I rather like that option, as it seems closer to what might happen in reality if a superpowered species of human emerged: the rest of us (non-mutants) would become extinct! Just as happened with Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
On the Rogue front, I actually like the idea having had her absorb Storm and Colossus' powers as was suggested above.
I suggested that... and it could be one way of getting round the 'Halle issue', but the cast does need some ethnic diversity somewhere, as well as powerful characters to take on Sentinels.