View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #331
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Do you mean that she might wonder why he did not return again to Earth after he took Loki back to Asgard?

That's a good question. It's a scenario I had not thought of.

Certainly she is aware that the Bifrost is destroyed. And I think she would have a reasonably good idea of how difficult it is to travel between the realms, what it would require. So she may well start to think that this is something that is just not meant to be, that fate simply will not allow them to meet.

On the other hand, from what we've heard of the story, much of it takes place somewhere other than Earth, and many things happen in the course of the movie. That implies that Jane does not spend much time deciding to leave her own realm when the opportunity arises.

I wonder how they will handle this to keep the story moving swiftly yet be believable for the characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Good question. Is it possible that time moves faster or slower depending on what realm you are in?
Because it would seem odd for thor (unless he is busy saving people) to allow that much time to go by before hookin up with jane. If they didnt make it seem like thor and jane were so attracted to each other. It wouldn't have been necessary to explain. But this HAS to be a question that we'll get an explaination for in the movie.
Indeed;

and to answer the question for the post first above, yep, I was indeed talking about her potentially wondering on why Thor wouldn't return back to Earth after picking up Loki.

I'm sure that she must have learned about Thor being on Earth through via television and Selvig's account of the events so considering that that he was gone for one year already (between Thor 1 and The Avengers), only to suddenly come back and then leave and not come back for another year, even she must start wondering on what she must have really meant to Thor and whether he still cares about her or moved on.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote