View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #333
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I think she has a pretty good idea of how difficult it is to travel between the realms. Or, at least, she's the most knowledgeable of anyone on Earth.

She knew at the end of Thor1 that something catastrophic had happened with the Bifrost. Her own research undoubtedly progressed in the subsequent year, but did not reach the point of enabling mankind to open its own portals.

Yes, and as an employee of S.H.I.E.L.D. working in this area, she would have access to their satellites (at the end of Thor1, Erik asks Darcy if she has loaded the S.H.I.E.L.D. satellite codes). So she would have whatever data was available about recent journeys to Earth.

This next quote is from Guerrilla, but I failed to quote it properly (sorry!)
I agree!

I agree that it's quite likely, and natural, for her to question whether he actually still cares for her or has moved on. My own opinion is that it may not be so much that Thor didn't return after remanding Loki to his father's custody that would cause Jane to think that; Jane likely knows the difficulty. (and in the alternate ending, Darcy tells her, "He would come back if he could.")

It seems to me that a bigger factor is if he doesn't communicate anything to her while he is on Earth. By this I mean something so modest as, "Erik, tell Jane I said hello." or "I don't know when I'll be back."

And yet she is willing to travel to another realm in this film!
I entirely agree; I think even Feige mentioned that the whole issue of them just having really known each other for 3 Earth Days will be brought up in regards to validating on whether what they have is the real deal or just something that they experienced in the heat of the moment during their time together.

And even though we didn't get to see Jane and Sif interact with each other much, I wonder if Jane will be shown to pick up on how long Sif and Thor have been friends and wonder to herself if Sif is someone that Thor may have turned his affections to during their (Jane and Thor's) time away from each other.

Nevertheless, aside from her own arc with Foster, I do hope that Jane is shown to have a good arc of her own that isn't just tied to her romantic relationship with Thor; I would think that even Natalie would want for the character to do something more than just that.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote