View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #462
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

John Hurt mixed with a little Billy Drago I'd say, lol.

So, to bring up something else though...I have a question: What did Mark Millar(the man behind Kick-Ass, The Ultimates and more) think of TDKR?

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/02/01/mark...future-past/2/

Quote:
Finally, what was your take on The Dark Knight Rises?

“I know there are different opinions on that movie. I thought it was interesting that when The Dark Knight came out it was just after the financial crash and you had this mass joblessness all over the Western world. I thought, ‘It is going to be quite hard to do a film about a billionaire hero who lives in a gigantic mansion and goes out to beat up poor people every night.’ Just think about it – Bruce Wayne is the guy who is firing people, he is not really one of us [laughs]. But to their credit they really tackled it in that movie. It was very, very timely: it was a tale of two cities and I thought it was on the side of the poor guys. When they were raiding the mansions and throwing people out on the street – and even at the end Bruce Wayne gave away his fortune. I thought Bane was the most compelling out of all the villains – right from the start I thought, ‘this guy is great.’ I thought the only thing that let it down a bit was the action: Nolan should go to movie jail for the Bane vs Catwoman thing at the end. But the rest of the movie was so brilliant that you could easily forgive him. I liked it better than The Avengers.”