View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #731
JustSomeGuy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreative T View Post
First I thought this movie was going to suck hard because the people directing it, but I read an article abou the Russo brothers and I feel more confident.

Check out the excerpt-

The Russo Brothers
It was originally reported that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige was very impressed by the Russo brothers’ “try-out” for the Captain America 2 directing job. Moreover, the siblings had already taken steps to avoid being branded as solely comedy filmmakers, seeing how they attached themselves to direct the Ciudad graphic novel adaptations (with Dwayne Johnson) prior to their interview for the Cap sequel.
Marvel heads clearly (hopefully?) know something that everyone else does not, since Captain America 2 will be more grounded and darker than its predecessor – as it deals primarily with Steve Rogers’ (Chris Evans) attempts to carry out missions for S.H.I.E.L.D. in the modern-day landscape. As it stands, the Russo brothers have been deemed worthy to carry out that task.
Captain America 2 will arrive in U.S. theaters on April 4th, 2014.
-
Have to say I agree with you. I feel like the general reaction was negative when it was first announced these guys were at the helm, but I am excited because it is so unconventional. It seems like the type of "out of left field" selection that ends up being brilliant. For some reason it sort of reminds me of George Lucas selecting Irvin Kirshner to direct Empire Strikes Back. I can't exactly say why I get that feeling, but I do. Indie film makers who are used to working tightly scripted material. I am very much looking forward to this.