View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #742
Mr. Dent

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You know, I'm almost *positive* that Baron Zemo is going to be the *real* villain in this movie, and that a very big name will play the role. It's been Marvel Studios' strategy in almost every movie they've made so far (except Avengers of course, which recycled a villain). Marquee names like Jeff Bridges, Mickey Rourke, Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley, William Hurt, Tim Roth, and Hugo Weaving. (Hiddie might be the notable exception to the rule, but he's one helluvan exception.) So far, Scarjo is the only real "marquee" name in this whole ensemble; I'll argue with you about whether or not Evans has made it to "marquee" status yet. (Samjack counts, if/when Fury is confirmed to be a part of the supporting cast.)

So it doesn't make any sense that they're depending on (no-)names like Grillo and Jones to be the principal antagonist. This movie *still* needs a true BIG Bad, and it still needs a BIG name to fill those shoes. As in, an award-winning name.
Fury is already confirmed to be apart of the supporting cast. And yeah, no way Winter Soldier and Crossbones are the main villains. They're grunts for other people. And I highly doubt that the Russian government itself is the antagonist either.