View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #29
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: How would you make Superman Relevant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
Realism isn't always bad, especially when evil is a very real thing. I think that people give up sometimes, they get hurt and they stop believing in goodness, of humanity and their own. Look at TDK, people thought that was the best installment and its the one where the Joker wins, then years later Aurura. This shows me that people love darkness, because they think that this is the true nature of themselves. Martin Scorsese said that his film The Departed was about our socity post 9/11 that we were now at a moral ground zero, having lost faith in goodness.
The Joker didn't win, just putting it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
Like the "your doctor really did get help up" part, but would be better if it wasn't followed by a couple platitudes.
The quote says "Your doctor really did get held up, Reagan" But I'm not quite sure what you mean with that.

And talking about the approach of Man of Steel. It does seem that Clark struggles with his powers, and there is a little angst in that. But I think is natural, and he progresses to be the Superman we know and love. There is so much evidence to hint that they are taking the right approach, with quoting verbatim Jor-El's speech from All Star Superman in one of the teasers, and Superman almost playful "What do you think?" at the end of the last trailer.

Why Superman seems to have a "bad reputation"? I really don't know, perhaps because most people don't know him as well as they should, I think. So the problem isn't really the character, but how is portrayed.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote