View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #500
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
The Avengers was easily the worst out of all four of the solo movies of their heroes but better than IM2. That movie was made for 5 year olds. It was a movie I really thought of walking out on during the midnight showing just because it was so boring and predictable. I came to watch an action movie with a thrilling story as I told it was. Not some comedy movie. To be honest that movie could have been rated PG. It was a kids movie. There is nothing wrong with that but when all of the solo movies are more engaging and solid there is no excuse for it to be that bad. I may not have loved TDKR but at least it tried. The avengers just flat out made a popcorn movie that was not even good at that.
It was fun to watch with a group of friends in a cinema the first night, but if it's only decent because of the cinematic experience then it's not really a good film now is it..

I tried watching it a second time and couldnt stomach it. It's definately a movie for 7 year olds. It's tailor made for that group of children. Doesn't mean a teenager or an adult can't enjoy it as a fun popcorn movie. But at the end of the day, these types of movies are just very typical. They've been around in a huge way like that since the 80s. There's nothing new there. I dont see what the hype is about, other than the equivalent to going to see a Transformers, Expendables, Jurassic Park, Mortal Kombat. But the latter 2 were at least original when they came out, and the dinosaurs or the martial arts fighting filled you with excitement like you've never seen before on the big screen. We had already seen Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America before...so it wasn't very fresh when it came time for Avengers. All it was, was a popcorn action movie. My blood didn't pump any quicker than usual when they fought.

Rises dismantled Avengers in every way shape or form. And people..don't give me that "it's apples and oranges" argument. They are still big budget action movies with superhero/es at the center of it all. Still a comic book coming to life. One just has more brains than the other.

Jurassic Park and Terminator 2 had something to sink your teeth into, while you were still laughing and being entertained just as much as an Avengers action sequence. The difference lies within Avengers and its failure to deliver anything more than just a toy-selling kids movie.