View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #17
Marathon
Side-Kick

Default Re: Share your wildest dreams for the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
there are no secret identities yet in the MCU. Tony Starks identity is known to the public, Thor is, well, Thor, Steve Rogers is a living legend, Tasha and Clint are gov. agents anyhow, Rhodey works for the military too and even Bruce Banners identity is no big secret at least to the US army and SHIELD.
So why should a registration act be suggested? It makes no sense.
Well, you should ask Marvel's animation team about that, seeing as they were hinting at a reg. act arc in EMH (through Maria Hill).

Being public does not equal official, or registered, for that matter. The Avengers are a motley crew doing favors for mankind under SHIELD, but SHIELD is not a government entity. The end of TA has snippets of gov. officials being concerned about The Avengers, seeing as they are not an official gov. team, having very little to no accountability. That's what it boils down to. A question of authority, accountability, responsibility, not, per se, whether something is public knowledge.

Besides, this is about "wildest dreams" in which I have included the X-Men et al. In the future, don't be so aggressive towards me and insinuate I'm stupid.

Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote