View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #169
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
As I've said before, there's really no point in Wolverine being the time traveller. There's far more potential for a different character dynamic if Kitty runs into the 70s Wolverine, having just been interacting with modern day Wolverine before. Wolverine would be the equivalent of Doc Brown in BTTF where he's both in the future scenes and 1950s scenes (but in the latter, has to be convinced to help).
The point of Wolverine being the time traveler is to appeal to casual viewers and the casual viewers might gain more interest with the cast of First Class if Wolverine/Hugh Jackman interacted with them. I don't get why some people don't get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthenerds View Post
Another obstacle is how she would obtain any of Ms. Marvel's powers at all in the filmverse. In X3 we saw her lose her powers. Sure, they could say the cure wasn't permanent, but for all we know they won't want to explain how she kept her old powers, let alone give her new ones.
Some people already suggested the cure might trigger their 2nd mutation. It wouldn't be hard to pull off if they go with that.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-03-2013 at 07:48 PM.