View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #754
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
I'll say it again, this is the closest we'll get to an X4. I can't see the studio greenlighting an X-Men film without Fassbender, McAvoy & Lawrence. The majority of this film takes place in '73 meaning the protagonists are Fassbender, McAvoy & Lawrence. The reason we're getting all the players from the original trilogy back is that the film is based on Days of Future Past. You need them there to tell this particular story. I don't see the studio financing an X-Men movie starring Anna Paquin, Ellen Page & Shawn Ashmore. Even if Jackman was in the picture I just don't see them doing that.

I think after Days of Future Past we'll get another X-Men movie three years down the line that continues the story that ended in '73. I doubt we'll see the cast of the original trilogy in that film but rather young versions of Cyclops, Jean Grey & Storm and I think like this film it will jump forward a decade & be set in the 80s.
Do you realize that FOX brought back the original cast to appeal to casual viewers especially how First Class became the lowest-grossing X-Men movie yet at domestic box-office. If FOX is so confident with the First Class cast headlining their own movie, they wouldn't bring back the OT actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
There is a monologue, it tells what happened and what the world is like now. I particularly like the classifications. H for humans, A for humans that carry the mutant gene (forbidden to breed) and M for mutants. This goes on while it shows Kitty doing stuff around the streets
I doubt the opening monologue would be something like that. Its probably going to be a speech just like in X1/X2.

My favorite trailer for a X-Men movie is the one for X2, that featured their codenames, then the tagline "its time for those who are different to stand united" and the background music just gave me chills! I hope DOFP gets a trailer like that! I would be so thrilled for that!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-03-2013 at 09:14 PM.