View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #23
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Share your wildest dreams for the Marvel Cinematic Universe

I would like Feige's plan of treating all the characters like James Bond to be used. Once an actor leaves a role, Marvel should simply slot another into it without bothering to reboot or retell the origin.

I want Marvel to build up to The Defenders after Doctor Strange and (hopefully) Namor the Submariner get their solo films. The Hulk and Hawkeye can join them, along with the Valkyrie and a few more heroes to be named later.

After The Defenders gets launched, my real dream is for a gigantic confrontation/collaboration of the superteams that spans three movies. Whether they go with the Avengers-Defenders War or Secret Wars, I want them to give us all-out battles with over a dozen heroes and villains fighting for their survival and that of the Earth itself.

Black Panther needs to have a solo outing in Phase 3. I don't care whether some Marvel exec can't imagine Wakanda; that's his problem. If they can imagine Asgard and the Nine Realms, they can damn well imagine an advanced African nation. Make it happen, damn it!

Hank Pym & Janet Van Dyne should have been included in The Avengers, but I'll settle for having them in the sequels. One of my wildest dreams is for Scott Lang (and O'Grady) to be forgotten altogether in favor of Hank becoming Ant-Man. Why use losers when the original is right there waiting for his shot? Hank leads to Jan -- the Wasp is an Avengers founder and deserves to be on the team just as much as any of the others.

I also want Captain Marvel on the team. No, not that one -- Captain Mar-Vell of the Kree. You can't do Thanos properly without Mar-Vell, IMO.

Scarlet Witch is a must for the Avengers' sequels. I don't care if they use her nutcase brother, but Wanda ia an essential Avengers and the team needs her. Scarlet Witch is also the most powerful superheroine Marvel has, which makes not having her on the roster a criminal oversight.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote