View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #125
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, the only way I could see it working would be if bad guys launched Hulk into space, and the Avengers are all like "oh noes, he's our friend and stuff". Have your Planet Hulk movie ("The Incredible Hulk 2: Planet Hulk"), then have him return to earth for WWHulk in Avengers 3, but make that only the first half. The Avengers calm him down, convince him that it was all the Council's idea instead of theirs, and then have Hulk regain his hero card for a second half battle against the *real* villain, such as Ultron or the Skrullies or something.

Still, no matter how you slice it, Hulk comes out of such a scenario with a big black eye in terms of popularity. The reason everybody loved Hulk in the Avengers movie is because HE'S FINALLY TREATED LIKE A HERO, instead of a hated monster. But if you believe Mayimbe, he goes right back to hated monster status in the very next film we see him in (Avengers 2).

Bogus.
I don't think so. People loved Hulk in the Avengers because of how he kicked Chitauri ass and his funny scenes with Loki and Thor, it wasn't specifically because he was a hero. With Planet Hulk, like Mayimbe said, you get to have a Hulk that fight aliens and conquer a planet rather than run from a bunch of military guys. It creates the opportunity to make a Hulk film that plays on the comic aspect of the character while also show him as a badass conquerer on a mission. It would be like Kratos from GoW. More I think about it it could be gold really.