View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #516
georgec
Not a hero

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

I still think it's funny how adamant people were that Blake was only Blake and not Nolan's amalgamation of the Robin character, hinging their obstinate denials on one quote from Nolan where he said he wouldn't do Robin. Although it was always clear to me that quote mainly referred to the yellow tights version, or that in the Schumacher films.

But despite the evidence and logical progression of Nolan's Batman story, much of which was grounded in BB when Bruce wanted Batman to be a long-lasting symbol and not necessarily one man, those threads were full of angry denials. Just wish I could have seen the looks on some people's faces when they saw TDKR for the first time, as it became clearer and clearer that Blake was "Robin". Must have been torture. Then in the end Nolan literally tells the audience, "His name is Robin." LOL!

I just never understood why the idea of Blake being "Robin" set people off.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.