View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #269
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Well it sure can't be worse than the second. Thankfully the clown Justin Theroux, didn't write this one.

While it is shaping up to be good, that clip really didn't excite me that much, think its because I have seen the BTS pics of that clip. Rather have seen something totally new and unexpected.
I actually enjoy IM2, even though it's probably the least of the Marvel Studios films, but not a bad film IMO.

However to your point, I think what's great about this film is it's not limited by having to setup anything. IM1 obviously had to tell the origin story, and as far as that is one of the best examples of this in the genre. The second movie was some what bound to having to setup the framework of the MCU. In the first film, Nick Fury was a bonus credit scene, in IM2 they were trying to draw the elements together, so it somewhat hamstrung the film.

Now all of that is out of the way.

I think that IM3 stands to be the most comic book story we've seen yet in this franchise. He will face his arch nemessis, there's odes to Iron Patriot, even if it's of a different sort than the comic variety. Stark is now wearing Mark 42 armor, so he's been busy perfecting his suits. We will get to see his master aresenal of suits.

There's just so much more freedom to explore things where the other movies were hamstrung.