View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #717
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
It certainly generates buzz for people who don't go to movies often. Like that BB super bowl spot WB shelled out for back in early 2005.

The SB spot got people talking. And a decent enough opening weekend resulted in a very leggy run thanks to stellar WOM.
It's not the only time people will be exposed to MOS. TV spots closer to the film's release will create buzz too and for a lower price. Thus, WB's people don't see much need in spending that much money for one TV spot. At some point someone(s) at WB figured it really isn't worth it to make a Super Bowl spot and thus, for now, they don't bother releasing one for any of their films.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman