View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #932
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

A couple thoughts on SSM 2...

Peter Parker has completely become the annoying jimmny cricket of the book and is one of the worst characters in it (exactly as I feared would happen). Crazy town banana pants...just #@$^ing crazy town banana pants.

Ock's reasoning about MJ came out of no where and made no sense. By the logic no hero or villain should ever be with anyone romantically or socially and they should leave their families at once.

Why doesn't carlie mention her suspicions (although it's stupid these are still suspicions at this point) to MJ?

How did Ock live that long and just discover masturbation now?

How much of a joke is the chameleon if he always gets discovered impersonating Peter immediately but ock can be completely out of character, have someone straight up told what has happened but only that one person who was FREAKING TOLD what happened is even a little suspicious? Explain.

This book is sadly not as fun as I thought it would be. Without the MJ triangle and with Peter being a buzz kill a lot of the fun ways they could have explored this have disappeared within two issues. So far the only Superior Spider-Man showing I've enjoyed has been Avenging with the X-Men which featured everything I wanted from Ock as Spider-Man and with actual intelligent people around him. Wolverine has thus far proven to be smarter than Peter's supporting cast, his coworkers and daredevil with ease.

OMG, it makes sense now. Does Fox News know about this?