View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #40
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
Well yeah, that's foolish. Is this a defense or an agreement?
You said Batman isn't reckless, but he was in TDKR towards Bane because of how he viewed Bane as someone who's only some mercenary.

Quote:
We shouldn't have to make up reasons for things that aren't explained well in a film... Even if you're right, they should have communicated it better.

This is where comics have the upper hand in that inner dialogue can express what's going through Batman's mind. Technically, they could do that in the films, but I think they're afraid of it coming off as corny.

I think that fear is probably valid.
I don't think it's making something up. I mean, he uses the flashbangs/stun pellets and almost right after turns the lights off. Why else would he use such tactics that would distract Bane?

Quote:
Really? He didn't bother avoiding the crackle pellets, so who's to say he wouldn't have still just stood there like a tough guy?
Difference is that stun pellets are only meant for distraction. The darts would do more.

Quote:
Surely the distinction of tiny objects pulled from Batman's pockets being thrown at him is hard to make in micro seconds. I don't think the object being thrown mattered to Bane.
Again, the difference is a dart that puts people to sleep, lol. But who knows, perhaps the dart wouldn't have worked on Bane anyways since he had a high tolerance level.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote