View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #819
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
I don't need a press release to know we won't be seeing any Star Trek sequels starring William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy anytime soon. Same goes for a direct sequel to X3.

With the timeline being readjusted in Days of Future Past, the chances of an "X4" went from possible to highly unlikely.

"We get to bring both casts back togetherÖ Iím taking into account every movie Ė Iím not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. Iím taking into account the entire universe as itís been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so thereís some clean-up. But ultimately Iím not just ignoring them either. Weíve cracked it in a way that it makes sense. I had a two-hour conversation with James Cameron about time travel, string theory, multiverses and all that. You have to create your rules and stick with them. Thatís why Terminator and Back To The Future work so well. And there are certain mechanisms in X-Men, certain powers, perceptions and characters, that make this possible."

You don't do Star Trek VII starring Nimoy & Shatner when you have Star Trek Into Darkness starring Pine & Cumberbatch coming out soon.

Its the same with the new X-Men series. The next film will continue the story of McAvoy's X-Men & their battles with Fassbender's Brotherhood. You don't make a sequel about characters who's history & adventures in the series exist now only in alternate timelines.
I wouldn't be so certain. We don't know exactly what they have in mind. If they do Age of Apocalypse, that happens in the future not in the 80s - in the animated series, it was what happened in the future after DoFP. Plus, there seems quite a demand to bring back Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Alan Cumming etc.