View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #425
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilIsMe View Post
The amount of negative online comments (that get highly upvoted, mind you), spoofs of certain elements online, "Honest Trailers", some crying for a Plinkett review, the fact that the film seems to be forgotten almost, and the fact that I keep seeing the film on "Top 10 Most Disappointing/Worst Sequels" lists sometimes ----

--- I'd say the fanboy backlash has already begun. Can't help but notice these things.

Either that or the vocal minority of nay-sayers have taken over the internet comment forums/comment sections/YouTube and are trying to make TDKR seem like a poorly received/disliked and/or crappy sequel.

Those that love the film usually just stay quiet and move on, and not stick around defending it. I certainly don't.

To me, the Nolan films will always be great and well done. Sure I have my issues, but it doesn't detract much.
Yes that's just it. The film is still greatly enjoyed by the majority of people who've seen it. Aside form the great critical reviews it has a 92% audience approval on rotten tomatoes and an 8.7 on imdb user reviews.

As for being forgotten already i think Bane was actually trending on twitter last night due to the Superbowl blackout. That football stadium scene has already entered popular culture.

Fan-boys often get too caught-up in the web of "comic-accuracy" and to them a more "comic accurate" film automatically makes it better. I feel that has been their only major complaint with regards to the nolan series.

To me as a batman fan i'm glad batman has now been associated with such a high-caliber of film making. I think we're going to look at the The Dark Knight trilogy like we do the Godfather trilogy in terms of mob films. There have been great mob films since but few have been able to compare to them as a whole.

Last edited by Bruce Malone; 02-05-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote