View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #80
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Henry on the other hand is obviously much more serious (miss the smile), but... We shall see. Obviously Snyder is basing this Sups off of a more "less Campy" roll, and also a more "serious" what if this happened now kinda deal.

Just hoping Henry isn't a stail, no personality, just acting the part kinda Sups as Routh was. Carisma is KEY, the SMILE is GOD! lol Lets all pray for the best!

From the trailer/interviews and articles I've read for Snyder's vision, I see Cavill as a tortured individual who's trying to find himself. I just hope his acting doesn't come off as stoic.

Reeve was much more of an optimistic/lighthearted Superman presumably because he was raised by Brando's Jor-El, a presumably kind father, in the fortress of solitude from the age of presumably 18 to 28 (movie continuity).

Maybe Cavill won't have the guidance that Jor-El offered Reeve's Superman. If this is the case, he would probably be shaped by the world around him and would need to lose the naivety and be much more of a serious, less lighthearted Superman.