View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #847
RustyCage
Come what may..

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOgami View Post
I suppose to uncover the true nature of what was occurring in the sequence we could go to the script.
Good call, again. Where did you find it??

Quote:
I'll agree that it would've been nice to see some cars roll to a stop, but I don't think it was necessary (and probably would've thrown off the scene's timing).
I think the scene needed a bit more padding, personally. Even just a handful of seconds.

There are a ton of elements of the film that needed more time though. This is one of the less important ones, but I figured it was worth analyzing for the sake of understanding.

Quote:
EXT. HIGHWAY - CONTINUOUS
Food Guy drives the rear bike. He looks back -
Waaaiiit wait wait wait wait wait wait.

FOOD GUY?

Quote:
sees
streetlights explode behind him - darkness catching him up.
The engine chokes and dies. The Trader jumps off, shouting
for the cops. Food Guy turns, pulling his gun. SMASH! - Food
Guy is thrown backwards off his bike by a dark wing as
BATMAN races by on the Bat-Pod.
Well, there we go. Issue resolved. Needed a bit more visual communication, but you can't argue with the script.

Quote:
EXT. HIGHWAY OFF-RAMP - CONTINUOUS
Janitor’s bike sparks and dies. Sirens as Cops move in,
Another bike splutters and dies - the Hostage breaks for
cover.
Janitor. lol

This is the bike the rifle was fired at. It didn't spark and die as the script says.

It drove off for a considerable amount of distance, and then the camera cuts to Batman's rifle being shot by the cop for a few seconds.

Next time we see him, the cops have apparently stopped him.

I don't remember seeing a second bike spark and die during this bit, either. Must have been cut.