View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #52
RustyCage
Come what may..

Default Re: Question Regarding Batman's First Fight With Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It is the logical progression when Wayne is kept out of the "game" for eight years and when he returns, he suspects everything to be easy this go around when he has never faced an enemy just like Bane, who's story was mysterious up until this point as Bruce only suspected Bane to be a simple mercenary. At least Alfred had some idea that Bruce should be careful since he's not in the shape that he used to be as Batman.
You're still just reciting to me how Nolan wrote it. My response to that is always going to be: 'I don't find how Nolan wrote it to be a logical progression for this kind of character'.

Quote:
If my suggestion is the only one that can't be dismissed, then I would think it's also the best way to think of it, wouldn't you say? Lol.
Well, it's the only reasonable suggestion of the moment's -defense- that's been provided. There's still the possibility that he was just being desperate and amateur. The movie doesn't specify between the two, and when you add into the equation that Nolan was portraying an arrogant, reckless Batman and Bane starts ridiculing him, it doesn't help Batman look much more clever.

Quote:
And desperation can still be Batman trying to regroup. He's desperate in the battle to try and regroup against a foe that's outmatching him every step.
It doesn't necessarily mean that he's trying to regroup though.

Quote:
We have never seen Batman throw something such as a batarang straight to someone, but with Bane having being stronger, faster(and smarter in the first round), I could see Bane dodging whatever sharp object Batman would try to throw his way.
I gotta say, I was hoping to see the Bat-shurikens appear again. Why did he even make them if he was only going to use them to cut out a few lights in one scene? :P

Quote:
Very true, but I would have still liked to have seen something similar of Batman trying to throw a sharp object at Bane and not just some pellets.
I just think it should have been a more effective smoke bomb he used.

There was no substance to the pellets as a distraction in that circumstance, which should have been obvious to a seasoned Batman.