View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #297
Squaremaster316
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I thought that scene was memorable for its (unintentional) humor than any display of explosive rage? It was like the "WHERE"S THE TRIGGA???" of BB.
"Swear to me" was the defining moment of Bale's Batman that officially surpassed any Keaton moment, as well as any moment from Downey in Iron Man. It's pretty much this decades "I'll be back", "yippie ki yay, muther*****er" or "Groovy".

Quote:
Potts was (far) better than Rachel, that's for sure. Those were the characters I originally compared. As for Gordon, I would say yes. Pepper Potts was more integral to Tony's growth, maturity and emotional reliance than Gordon was. Gordon wasn't a big player until The Dark Knight I thought.
Pepper was less interesting and less proactive than Rachel to the overall plot. As far as Bruce's development goes, he had numerous guidances in various ways, including Alfred, Ras and Rachel. It wasn't just one person doing or saying one thing, it was a lot more layered and textured.

Quote:
I found Falcone and his cliched gangster overacting more humorous than intimidating (seems to be trend with this film). Whereas Stane was genuinely scary in the scene where he paralyzes and takes Starks Arc Reactor.
Stane was a very generic, cliched and unmemorable villain. He just had no impact as a main baddie. It would be like revealing Skudd in Blade 2 to not only be a traitor, but also the mastermind behind the whole "Reaper strain" storyline. Ras was far more interesting and intimidating.

Squaremaster316 is online now   Reply With Quote