View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #869
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
guys, stoping the discussing for a second, just take a look at this, and tell me, who wouldnt be really excited to see this whole cast together on screen again?
I'd rather them do something completely new, to be honest, with new characters and/or new actors. Shake things up and make the franchise fresh again, rather than drag out the same old cast. DoFP looks too much like nostalgia-fest already for my liking, even though I understand that the old cast is necessary for the DoFP storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
FOX considers the box-office power of the cast of the original trilogy. The reason why they brought back the original cast is to gain money. They saw how big the Avengers was and now they mixing the cast of the original cast and First Class. I see the logic of FOX trying to sell the First Class cast by teaming them up with the cast of the OT. If this movie ends very well at the box-office because of the returning cast of the original trilogy, FOX might just want to move with the original cast and stop making movies with the cast of First Class.
They're bringing in the old cast to make a big movie, yes. But what makes this a big movie is the combination of the two casts and an epic generations-spanning storyline. The old cast on their own is a completely different proposition. To use The Avengers example, I don't think that anyone is really expecting Iron Man 3 to make the same numbers as The Avengers.

I do wonder what they're planning next, with the franchises tending to go bigger bigger BIGGER all the time rather than downscaling.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 02-06-2013 at 01:54 AM.