View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #979
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Marvel tends to hire TV stars for their recurring lead roles, as oppposed to bigger film stars for the supporting and villain roles. That says to me that she was hired for a multi-film contract.
Who?

Quote:
Which also says to me that Sharon Carter isn't *necessarily* who she's playing. The suggestion has been made, not by me, but I think it's a card that still can be played: Vancamp might be Carol Danvers.
Quote:
I know, it's a long shot. And I firmly believe she *is* Sharon Carter. But I'm leaving just enough room for doubt, due to the fact that I believe Vancamp is getting a multi-pic deal that Sharon may or may not be "worthy" of
"Worthy"? The contract is in Marvel's favor. EVC has to honor it, Marvel don't. Atwell also signed a multi-picture deal and she isn't being asked back.

Also, why wouldn't Captain America's Lois Lane be expected to return?

Quote:
and due to the fact that it's getting increasingly harder to find a spot to drop Ms. Marvel into the lineup. Unless a Ms. Marvel movie gets announced for Phase III, I really don't see her appearing except in someone else's movie; and the only likely candidates I see in the very near future are CATWS, GOTG, or Avengers 2. Otherwise, you can pretty much write off the Avengers' "Wonder Woman," and I just don't think they're going to do that to her.
Carol is a far, far better fit in GOTG.

Why place her in a movie where she has no real connections to the mythos in question? She's never been one of Steve's love interests.

CATWS is introducing a new superhero (, and showcasing another established one (Natasha). Neither IM3 nor TTDW are doing either. CATWS is doing more than its share for the larger Marvel universe.