View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #22
Glassjaw
In training

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've never read a JL title before but I bought Volume 1 of JL: Origins the other day (Geoff Johns/Jim Lee) and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and even saw how it's sort of got the blueprints to do a team movie where you introduce the team for the first time there. Difficult sure, but definitely do-able. Importantly, Supe's needs to be the world's first superhero, and it sounds like that might be what's happening with MoS and Justice League then arriving afterwards, having Goyer write the Superman parts.

I get Millar's points, there are massive challenges facing a JL film, but if a film maker does it right, those problems don't come close to surfacing during the film.

Five years ago you could have said similar stuff about the problems an Avengers film would have. I can imagine Millar 5 years ago saying 'How can you have Robert Downey Jr's Stark, in this real world created by Iron Man 1, next to a god from Asgard talking in Shakespearian? Audiences just arn't going to buy it and its a great way to lose $200 million.'