View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #92
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Inhumans in development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Latino Review is talking out of its ass. Act like they are an infallible oracle at your own risk.

Marvel isn't going to blow a fortune making a movie that primarily ruins the characterization of a whole ton of people in order to derail everything that made the Hulk popular and successful in his most recent outing.
Amen, brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Fanboys use the word 'ruin' too readily. It didn't ruin the characters. It added a new layer to them. That's precisely what you want to do when you expand a universe and develop sequels.

I'm looking forward to this and Planet Hulk if it happens. I agree, it's too early to act like this is gospel yet but I'm keen.
You're speaking in past tense about comic book characters; metaphysician is speaking in future tense about comic book MOVIE characters. Big difference. Hero vs. hero brouhahas make for good sales in 21st century comics because (a) the readership is small, niche, and primarily mature (at least teenage or older); and (b) you're working with characters within a universe that is 50 years old and in dire need of some fresh perspectives.

Doesn't work at all for a *cinematic* universe that is (a) targeted at an audience of hundreds of millions (if not billions) of people, with the core audience being the young kids who actually buy the merch; and (b) only five years old.

The MCU is still in its fledgling stages. This is the time when you keep *building* the supporting framework for the MCU, not start tearing it down with a damn sledgehammer.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote