View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #59
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Star Wars Fanbase - How do they feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Yes one parent said he did not like it. There is a reason most of these films are taught in film school, and by many film scholars regarded so high. To me again you are doing what lots of PT defenders do. Rip on the OT because you don't point out any merit in the PT instead to make a solid point.

Was the OT's acting the best? Compared to what? Like The Godfather? No it was not. However it was still great acting that did it's job, make you emotionally care about the characters and feel the soul of the film itself. The PT did not do that. It had no emotion it had no character evolution (minus story evolution) it was just there. I will bet you 100 dollars here and now in 20 years the PT will not be seen like the OT.

Remember....the original Star Wars was nominated for Best Picture, that is saying something. The film was at the time regarded very highly by the film world too. To say not is just not true at all. You are acting as if people did not like Star Wars at first, then grew on it except kids. Not true at all. It became the phenomena it was for a reason. In terms of ticket sales....the PT never touched any of the OT sales. There is reason behind that too. Star Wars became what it was because of high quality film. And still stands up today by most people because of that. The PT clearly has not stood up because a massive amount of people think either meh, it was okay, to poor. While the OT is always seen in much higher regards.
The So-called massive amount of people are still in the minority when it comes to people who go to theaters to see the films, the wider audience was quite satisfied with the PT...even if belly achers & whiners that fancy themselves as having better ideas than Lucas did not...to all of them I say TS...each PT did $300 million plus domestically, with the quote, unquote hated Phantom Menace doing well over $400 million...Disney won't change the formula much, because last year on 4 films did that kind of money!!!!

The reality is, the PT worked as a business model, and the old saying you can't please all of the people all of the time is quite true, I suggest anyone who thinks the same as you about the PT, just forget about the new films and focus on something else, something inside you won't let you like those movies, and its you who need to change, not the movies!