View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #781
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Paul Giamatti IS Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
Don't see how it would be a mess to have one to illustrate that things happen between movies

There are a number of action movies that begin with an intro scene that involves the end of what could have been a previous movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
^ The audience is presumably a bunch of idiots who would be confused by the fact that life goes on for Spidey and more supervillains appear between movies, apparently.

"Who the **** is that guy? Okay, I'm confused. I'm taken out of the movie now. Let's get the hell outta here."

Like what? I'd like to hear about one that actually works- like without contrived exposition and that actually works in favor of the story. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Quantum of Solace, which picked up exactly where the last film left off. Also, it didn't include any supervillains or anything unexplained moments.

Well aside from the fact that the audience is generally composed of the lowest common denominator (or else we wouldn't be getting a 4th Transformers movie)-in the context of the more "realistic" tone established in TASM, supervillains just popping up apropo of nothing just seems cartoony and silly. Like I said- works great for the comics, but not a film you're expected to take halfway seriously.