View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #782
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: Paul Giamatti IS Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Like what? I'd like to hear about one that actually works- like without contrived exposition and that actually works in favor of the story. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Quantum of Solace, which picked up exactly where the last film left off. Also, it didn't include any supervillains or anything unexplained moments.

Well aside from the fact that the audience is generally composed of the lowest common denominator (or else we wouldn't be getting a 4th Transformers movie)-in the context of the more "realistic" tone established in TASM, supervillains just popping up apropo of nothing just seems cartoony and silly. Like I said- works great for the comics, but not a film you're expected to take halfway seriously.
Lowest common denominator... lmao. The audiences are normal people, like you and I. There are idiots out there, but the majority is not as stupid and slack-jawed as you're inferring. Just because you think it's cartoony and silly doesn't mean the rest of the GA will. And I'm not talking about TASM, I was talking about the Raimi films. Anyways, like I said, I'm not going to keep going with this. It won't get anywhere.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.