View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #660
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Do you accept the theory of evolution? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
As a Christian, I can comfortably accept the theory of evolution. Let me explain.

Many agree that the Big Bang was, in essence, the "let there be light!" moment, when the universe was given material form. This tells me that while God is all-powerful, He chooses to use the natural processes (ie "laws," be they of physics, motion, time, nature, etc.) in order to create.

In regards to evolution, one can conceive of it as though God is an artist, continually refining, correcting, perfecting, and yes, sometimes erasing His work. I'm not asking everyone to believe as I do, but I believe that God utilizes evolution as a means for us as humans to easily recognize and comprehend His work.
This is not accepting it...to understand it in its base innate concept, you cannot credit any sort of 'designer' to it. It is by nature the opposite of any supernatural involvement whatsoever. Otherwise you're fictionalizing it....which is what religion, by concept, does.

Not saying that you shouldn't believe in God...but you should know that if there is one, he's not involved with evolution or anything that has to do with how the universe and ourselves came about.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 02-07-2013 at 02:54 PM.
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote