View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #666
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Do you accept the theory of evolution? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
God is responsible for creation of the universe and world, but he allows the laws that He put in place at its creation to act accordingly. Therefore, He does not directly involve Himself in evolution but He is responsible for it. At times He may add some divine intervention in the form of genetic mutation, but that's as far as it goes. It's a way for us to more easily understand God's creation.
No he isn't, or anything else. That's a core error in religious belief that needs to change with the times because we know better now. No god or anything of the sort is involved with that, or anything connected to that, in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
I've got a lot of respect for you Kal, you're a good poster and an intelligent one. I hope we can have a civilized debate
Agreed, I respect people's right to religion. But again, the idea of 'creation' by some sort of being is not rational, despite how poetic it is, or how much the human condition needed to believe that in our past. The idea of a God should not hinge upon that...it's a self-defeating concept. We should be able to find appreciation in the natural world being solely natural, just as much as the aesthetic narrative of divine involvement. I truly believe that it's regressive and hurtful to us a humans to cling to that antiquated view of creation...even by a thread. It's the quintessential flat-earth outlook.

I know it must be difficult for a deist to suddenly revise that part of their belief, but I do feel it's ultimately healthy to do so for everyone, religious or not. I also believe that it's wrong to point at evolution as an proof of no god, even if it's not god's doing.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote