View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #514
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo View Post
Thats because Del Rio has the skill to actually stand up to more powerful heels (and look believable) and thus something to give him courage. We've all had the discussion before about how top faces often need SOMETHING special to sell to the fans to get them support. Some kind of superior ability. Del Rio has that in the ring. He has more to put him over as a main eventer while Miz is mid card at best right now.

I prefer Del Rio as a heel but so far he HAS been ok as a face when given good material. There's less thats special about Miz. Heel or face Del Rio can back up what he says in the ring. Miz is more believable as a chickensh** heel that needs to cheat to win.

Del Rio does look dangerous and I think he's a good wrestler. I've just found his character boring , but the storyline with Big Show is decent.

They tried to make Miz seem dangerous but creative went back and forth so many times it never went there. They could of sold Miz as a psychotic type at one point. I can't stand his promos. I thought it would get better if he turned face , but I find him just as annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

I doubt Punk will ever get that win back off Triple H and he probably wont lose sleep over it in the way guys like Triple H, Bret and Hogan do.
I wouldn't be surprised if Punk is just biding time for an early retirement. He must of gotten a really nice contract because he seems to go with the flow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo View Post

The Rock and Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam?, Backstage News on Six-Man

By Marc Middleton on 02/07/2013

- There is talk of using both Brock Lesnar and The Rock at this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view. WWE really wants the Hollywood community to be part of SummerSlam's festivities and both stars would help make it seem like a bigger event.

- The reason why Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus, Ryback and John Cena at WWE Elimination Chamber won't be happening inside the Chamber is because it would be an elimination match and WWE doesn't want to have to eliminate five of their hottest Superstars right now.

Source: F4Wonline.com
I'd kill for Punk vs Brock at Summerslam. Not sure who Rock could face. Randal Orton?

If the Shield can beat the Cena's at the Elimination Chamber ppv it would put them into another category. I don't think they would look weak losing. It would kind of write them off before Wrestlemania though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
For once I'd like to see the tradition and importance of the event to be put above Vince making a few extra bucks. To make it even worse New Orleans is not a City with a huge wrestling history.
I live to close to New Orleans so it would be affordable for me to see WM 30 live. It does get in the way of tradition , but won't irk me as much. I just hope the lights don't go out. That happened to us at WM24 coincidentally.

Also they need to call it Wrestlemania XXX. I think people will get over the name. Also it would be a good idea to bring back a Bra and Panties diva match.