View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #117
Jamiestarr
Newbie First Class

Default Re: The Star Wars Fanbase - How do they feel?

Quote:
Well with the Complete Set, you got all the special features for the OT, with the Trilogy by itself you did not. That and I'm a collector with films, and I like having em all. But again, I am giving an opinion on it, and not just a biased one where I just want to hate things.
Dude, I am just teasing you. Don't have to justify anything to me. I get it. I own the Superman box set. Think I love Superman III and IV? I don't.

Quote:
As for the rest, again then what is the point. Roger should not have reivews at all. Because all those you described is people giving opnions. So it's almost you've contradicted yourslef. And saying it's just the itnernet, again that's your opinion and how can you know otherwise? Again there is a mass opinion on things does it make it right or wrong? Well that is subjective, but there is a mass opinion to a point. Again I was a kid when I saw this, I'm far form a hipster, ask Cal and many other people on these forums, I'm usually the one defending things. This is a rare exception. (maybe because I'm more passionate about Star Wars ) So in some ways maybe since it was aimed more at me as you say...I have more of an interesting view point yes?
I can value, listen to, and appreciate your opinion...even if I disagree with it 100%. I don't have to fight you. Do you not get that? It's not about right or wrong. Its about seeing things in different ways, and noticing all the angles.
Again, I am not fighting a battle and to me, there is no conflict. See what I did there?

Quote:
I don't think the internet is some alien thing. Many normal people will rate things ect. Like I said earlier, Rottentomatoes User reviews, there is one million reviews almost for each of the Star Wars. And there is the massive difference. So are some of them these fans yes. But a million is a lot of people, and I think is a mixture of a little bit of everyone.
It is not some alien thing. Its just not comprehensive enough and a niche audience really does most of the posting/responding.

A million is not a lot of people in terms of the entire movie viewing audiences in the world. Is it?