View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #397
ElToro
Im No Side-Kick lol

Default Re: Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns Animated - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
DC should have released Parts 1 and 2 as a movie at the cinema. It's absolutely incredible. I have to say the animated increased my understanding of the graphic novel as it flows better and showed me things I'd missed. I'm reading the graphic novel now. All due respect to Moore's Watchman but I think the TDKR is the best graphic novel ever written.
I can see where your going with this statement do to the fact that maybe the Millers TDKR is a lot more darker and so badass. I think both TDKR and Watchmen are different, yet they do have some things that are the same. Fighting against the government, coming back from retirement, but i feel like TDKR feels real. I think because batman just dosent have any powers makes the story a bit more interesting, more riveting. But you cant go wrong with the watchmen story. Its different because i feel like Dr. manhattan makes the story different. Its the only man with powers, while everyone else dosent have powers. in the end, i think there both very great storys by both of them.